The Senior Vice President, Sara Cameron, has now launched this year’s extended ACES Award for Excellence.
This prestigious award has proved to be very popular and successful for a number of years now and it is hoped members will put forward the usual excellent proposals.
The process is very simple so please start thinking about that project, large or small, that you are or have been involved with that meets some or all of the entry criteria. The deadline for entries is Friday 25th August 2023.
The winner, and commended entries, will be invited to the AGM in November this year, at which the award winner will be announced.
Click below for key documents:
Sara Cameron says:
I am writing to you to launch this year’s ACES Awards for Excellence. This year it feels right to celebrate more than just one project of the year at our Annual AGM – we want to celebrate the breadth and depth of the fantastic work you do to deliver your organisation’s services and improve lives, the environment and our economies through the built environment.
The Award for Excellence has always been a prestigious award and past recipients have been rightly proud and honoured to have their achievements recognised and promoted by the Association.
And this year, under the global banner of excellence, I am thrilled to introduce you to the award categories we are seeking nominations for:
- Project of the Year (formerly known as the Award for Excellence) We all strive to provide excellent asset management supported by our professional staff and to use property to further the aims of our respective authorities. This is an opportunity for exemplary work to be recognised!
- Team of the Year – where would we be without our people? Teamwork and putting our people first makes everything else work well. We want to hear about your teams, whether they are organisational teams or project teams so we can recognise and reward their achievements.
- The FACES Award – we want our established members to nominate your early career team members, we want to hear about the amazing work being done in your teams by apprentices, graduates, APC candidates and those in the first years of their professional careers. Tell us how they stand out to you and we’ll celebrate them!
- Net Zero Champion – with a majority of public sector bodies choosing 2030 as a Net Zero target date we want to celebrate significant milestones, projects, innovation and dedication to achieving a decarbonised public estate.
- Community Champion – this is where you showcase social value of your projects, how did you maximise community engagement and befit realisation of your project, big or small we want to see excellence in engaging with and working communities to deliver more from our built environment.
In addition to this year’s Awards for Excellence, our President, Helen Stubbs, will present the ACES President’s Award for exceptional contribution to ACES.
- Nominations can only be made by working ACES members for projects, teams or individuals within your scope of work as property professionals.
- You can nominate for more than one category.
- We encourage applications that show partnership working and demonstrate strong community engagement.
- The deadline for receipt of entries is Friday 25th August 2023 – they should be emailed directly to me at
The nomination process:
Making a nomination is easy. There are some pointers below and the nomination form is attached.
The more nominations I receive the better – it means our celebration of everything we achieve in the sector will be inspire others and will give Betty more material for the Terrier!
The winners will also be invited to present their entry to the ACES national conference in autumn of 2024.
Senior Vice President