Public Sector Connect are hosting the Managing the School Estate Summit on 24th March 2021. This event will take place entirely online and there is no charge to attend for those directly employed by a school or public sector body. Please share this with your members so they can register for their place.
There are some high profile speakers lined up to introduce the event, followed by a range of workshops and a Q&A panel session at the end of the day. The speakers and chair for the day include:
- Baroness Berridge, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for the School System
- Mike Green, Chief Operating Officer, Department for Education and Director General of the Operations Group
- Rory Kennedy, Director of Capital, Department for Education
- Lara Newman (chair), Chief Executive, LocatED
The event follows the launch of the updated Good Estate Management for Schools (GEMS) guidance in October 2020. It is aimed at anyone involved in school estate management, from those who are new to the role to those who wish to extend and build their expertise.
This is a great opportunity for learning and discussion around how we build, manage and maintain the school estate. As well as hearing from the speakers, there will be a series of workshops on important themes that may include:
- Health and Safety responsibilities
- Energy management and sustainability of your school
- Effective Facilities Management
- Training and professionalisation
- Saving money on procurement
There will also be a chance to pose questions to an expert panel at the end of the day. Further details are to be announced – for more information, please visit the event website and book your place.