During February 2024, our Agriculture Team and Natural Capital Group will host a series of workshops across the UK, focused on the unique challenges and opportunities facing businesses engaged in managing and developing the countryside.
Against the backdrop of declining BPS payments, the growing public expectation that farming will be conducted in a manner which enhances conservation, and greater regulation of traditional farming operations; business models need to be flexible and the importance of having a robust Natural Capital strategy in place is now more important than ever.
Successfully navigating the current complex legal and regulatory landscape can be tricky, but we believe that there are significant opportunities available for those who are agile and are prepared to adapt.
As advisors to dynamic landed estates, forward-thinking developers, innovative institutional landowners, and enterprising rural businesses, we want to share the very latest trends, developments, and thinking with you.
Join experts from our Landed Estates, Strategic Land, Agriculture, and Private Wealth practice for a workshop focused on:
- Modern landlord and tenant relationships for sustainable rural businesses
- New Biodiversity Net Gain regulations and guidance
- Securing existing and future natural capital opportunities from a landowner and developer perspective
- Futureproofing and land assembly challenges in rural estate management
- Taxation and succession challenges and opportunities in natural capital
- Corporate and commercial structuring for the delivery of new opportunities
- The challenges in blending public and private finance.
There is also the opportunity to network with like-minded professionals and stakeholders in the field. We look forward to seeing you there.